Get special pricing until March 31, 2017!
May 1-2, Las Vegas NV, USA
May 3-4, Warrenville, IL, USA
Please see our training information Flyer for details on the specific locations.
Hands-on PROFIBUS Troubleshooting and Maintenance Class
– Provided by Grid Connect teamed with PROCENTEC from The Netherlands
– 20 seat capacity each session
– A demonstration of PROCENTEC's COMbricks with built-in ProfiTrace will be given.
– Attendees will be offered special pricing
for ProfiTrace 2 Kits, ProfiHub A5/B5 and COMbricks!
Hear what people are saying about this popular and informative class! -----
View Class Video
New Advanced PROFIBUS Troubleshooting & Maintenance Class
The Advanced Class is ideal for students who have previously taken the class and want a refresher with more hands-on experience with advanced topics.
This class will spend less time on PROFIBUS basics and spend more time on advanced topics with ProfiTrace 2. Some prior familiarity with PROFIBUS is recommended.
Having problems with your PROFIBUS network? This is the PROFIBUS training class for you. Learn the skills you need to find and isolate problems fast. At the end of the training, you will be able to maintain, strategically isolate, analyze and solve problems in PROFIBUS installations. During the class you will learn and practice how to use the latest PROFIBUS Troubleshooting tools including the all-in-one troubleshooting tool ProfiTrace 2 with Scopeware, ProfiCaptain 2, and Topology Scan, along with the Siemens BT200.
Grid Connect teamed with PROCENTEC located in The Netherlands to provide this unique training opportunity. The workshop is designed for those who install and maintain PROFIBUS installations. The class provides a mixture of theory and hands-on experience to give you the skill set you need, and the ability to put it into practice immediately. Attendees will learn how to analyze, localize and solve PROFIBUS problems. The theory covered includes details about cabling, shielding, and grounding. The practical hands-on examples show you how to use various tools to find and fix your problems fast.
At the end of this workshop, you will have an understanding of PROFIBUS concepts, components, and cabling, and be able to find, analyze and solve problems in PROFIBUS installations. You will also be able to understand and handle troubleshooting and maintenance tools, such as PROCENTEC's ProfiTrace 2 with its built-in oscilloscope software - ScopeWare, and ProfiCaptain 2.
Theory Topics Covered:
- PROFIBUS DP and PA
- RS 485 and MBP-IS properties
- Cabling techniques
- Grounding and shielding
- DP/PA segment couplers, repeaters and OLMs
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools
- Protocol analysis with PROCENTEC's ProfiTrace 2 Analyzer
- Signal analysis with PROCENTEC's ScopeWare (oscilloscope)
Class Day Information:
- Attendees will receive: a course book, writing materials and a certificate of
- It is recommended to bring a Windows laptop with 2 USB ports.
- Continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments are included on all course days.
- Class size is limited to 20 people.
Online Ordering Information:
- Select ground shipping and use FREESHIP coupon code; be sure to apply the code. No shipping charges will be added and no product will be shipped.
- Your credit card will be charged for the course amount 1-2 days after you complete your online order. You will receive an email confirmation and credit card receipt.
- No Cancellations will be accepted