The CAN WIFI Adapter uses standard TCP/IP interface making this tool perfect for servicing mobile equipment or for OEM applications. No driver is necessary. The CAN WIFI integrates easily with .NET, LabView, smartphones, tablets, or other platforms that provide a standard TCP/IP interface over a WiFi connection.
The CAN WIFI can be utilized in several ways:
- Implemented as a service tool for diagnosing CAN networks and uploading new CAN parameters.
- Employed as a wireless development tool.
- Embedded permanently into a mobile device for 24/7 wireless remote monitoring.
There are 2 WiFi modes available:
1. WiFi access point (server) when in the field and using a mobile PC
2. WiFi client for remote monitoring and diagnostics
The CAN WIFI interface provides bi-directional communication between a PC with any TCP/IP interface and a CAN 2.0A/B (ISO 11898) network.
CAN WIFI can be implemented in two application modes: Command Mode and Virtual CAN Mode.