The ProfiHub B2FO2+ allows for an effortless conversion from PROFIBUS fiber optic to RS 485 copper segments or the other way around. This high speed communication bus can be used to establish a fiber optic backbone structure. The B2F02+ can support multiple fiber optic topologies such as point-to-point, star, and bus.
Some applications have strict rules regarding spur lines or star segments due to potential communication errors caused by reflections, which can be quite expensive to resolve with repeaters. The ProfiHub B2F02+ is an economic solution that can assist in establishing reliable spur lines in high speed DP networks. It is transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols.
The ProfiHub B2FO2+ comes with 2 galvanic isolated RS 485 channels, which enable the extension of network structures to a maximum of 31 devices per channel and a length equivalent to the main bus. Devices can be added or removed easily because the ProfiHub B2F02+ creates isolated segments.
When bus redundancy is enabled, 2 segments will form a redundant pair that is compatible with the ABB RLM01. The built-in alarm contact is connected to certain events that are based off of the bus redundancy status and the power supply status.
Installation is extremely simple with the product’s DIN-rail mountable metal housing as well as its integrated termination that can be switched on/off. In addition to this, direct or capacitive grounding can be selected at the user’s discretion. Each ProfiHub is powered by a 12-24 DC Voltage. The ProfiHubs come with LEDs built into the outside of the device in order to indicate the status of each channel, making troubleshooting and maintenance much easier.
- Create Fiber Optic backbones
- Dynamic spur lines to actuators, flow meters, and pH analyzers
- Removable drives and motors
- Pull/Plug motor control centers (drawers)
- Roof mounted devices in tank farms
- Barrier for non-galvanic isolated equipment
- Networks with requirement for High Availability/uptime
- Large star/tree structured networks
- Hot slave insertion and removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Option to create a redundant path to other Hubs or COMbricks
- Compact and robust construction
- Status and error display (per channel)
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Easy extendable installations
- On-board DB9 female connector on each channel for maintenance activities