Remotely Monitor, Manage and Control Industrial Equipment Over the Net with the UDS1100-MB.
The UDS1100-MB (UDS1100-IAP, UD1100IA2-01) is a rugged and powerful tool which enables users to connect, manage and control just about any industrial equipment from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows® based HMI, SCADA and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the industrial equipment networked by the UDS1100-MB.
Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS1100-IAP encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Serial tunneling can be done in multiple ways:
- Using Lantronix supplied Com Port Redirector™ software, Windows device applications not designed for network communications are re-directed to communicate to devices connected to the UDS1100-IAP.
- Connecting two UDS1100-IAP Device Servers configured to automatically talk to each other over the network creates virtual serial connections that can extend serial communications across a facility or around the world.
The built-in web server enables users to access and configure the UDS1100-IAP from a standard web browser. Web pages enabling the UDS1100-IAP to be customized for unique applications can be built using Lantronix development tools. On-board Flash memory provides room for future system software upgrades and maintenance-free, nonvolatile web page storage.
The UDS1100-MB can be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely using Telnet or a web browser. The included DeviceInstaller™ Windows-based configuration software simplifies setup and provides an easy way to:
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Load custom web pages
- Enable web-based configuration of the Device Server
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- View specific device data files
- Upgrade firmware
- Simplify process of installing industrial protocols
Complete with an auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet interface, the UDS1100-MB is a powerful device communication solution that’s perfect for your most demanding industrial applications.
In modem emulation mode, the UDS is used to replace dialup modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port. It then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines.
RoHS-compliant, the UDS1100-IAP meets Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
If you’re looking for a transparent, cost-effective, and scalable means to network-enable your industrial automation equipment, look no further than the UDS1100-MB.